Friday 15 June 2012

A card without an image

There is an interesting challenge on at Bearly Mine Designs:

http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/challenge-39.html

After changing my mind about six times on what three items I was going to use, I finally came up with this combination:

The background paper was such a pretty paper and sat so beautifully on the card I decided to enhance it rather than cover it up with an image!   

I'll start with the three items that I chose from the diagonal:

Pearls - the pearls can be seen in the centre of the apricot flower
Flowers - take your pick - there are the ones in the background paper plus two pink roses and one apricot flower.
Lace - the lace across the card actually lies over the top of an apricot coloured grosgrain ribbon.

The apricot flower was originally white but was too harsh against the papers so I coloured it using my copics.  The pink roses are as they were bought.

I have uploaded this card as soon as I completed it, before I was tempted to add anything else to it and spoil it.  It is hard sometimes knowing when to stop and leave something be.  It is also hard not to put an image or sentiment on the front of the card but I don't feel this one needs it.

Hope you like it.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Suze, yes the paper does speak for itself. Thanks for sharing it with us at Bearly Mine Challenges.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooop Sorry Suze Ive but the wrong challenge on your card, its gorgeous love the image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO incredibly pretty, Suze. I love how soft and sweet it feels, and just love the sweet and delicate lace. What a great card, so thanks for sharing it!
    I have some blog candy on my blog if you want to stop by - I'd LOVE to have you visit.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Suze!!like the idea of not using an image!! must try that myself, Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete