Saturday 25 August 2012

A snaky card

Kenny K Krafty Krew have a sketch to work with this week.  Details of the challenge and sketch can be found here:
http://kennykskraftykrew.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/challenge-107-get-sketchy.html

The thing I found hardest about this challenge was the colour scheme.  I just couldn't get inspiration with the colours.  I finally settled on this:

which I have to say I'm extremely pleased with.  The shades of green all work well together with the splash of black.

I have used papers from my stash which have been pieced onto black cardstock.  I also used black cardstock for matting the image and sentiment.  The image is a past freebie from Kenny K and is entitled Snakey F.  The sentiment is an acrylic stamp from my stash.

I have added some diamond shaped black rhinestones that I found in a shop recently.  They are just that bit different from the round ones.

I always have difficulty with masculine cards but feel that this one will work for a male - particularly as I kept the lace, etc off the card!!! 

This was such a beautiful sketch to work with and I was able to create a card with a masculine feel to it so I'm really happy.

1 comment:

  1. What a fab card, Suze! Great take on our sketch and love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete