Wednesday 15 August 2012

Add a charm to a fashionable lady

The current challenge at CRAFT Challenge is to add a charm:
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/craft-challenge-167-add-charm.html

Jo offered this image as a freebie on her blog - Trimgym stamps. 



I printed her out as I had an idea that I might like to use her for a card.  Then I spilt some gold beads all over my work area.  I decided to add some glue to the bodice and put them there rather than try and pick them all up - the container was too full anyway!

Once I started working in gold, I kept the colour scheme going and then discovered it fit perfectly with the charm.

The ribbon across the top is a satin ribbon that I purchased recently.  I made a gold flower from some gold scraps that came in a paper scraps pack.  This is the third flower that I have made and I seem to be getting better at them now.

The remainder of the colouring on the fashionable lady's dress has been done with Kindy Glitz - Crystallina and Gold mixed.  The skin and hair have been coloured with copics.

The finishing touch is some Peelcraft strips across the bottom of the card.

1 comment:

  1. What nice colors for this image. I love the charm addition and beads. Thank you for stopping by and commenting today. Happy Crafting <3 -Kim

    ReplyDelete