Saturday 29 September 2012

A sketch and a colour challenge

I have made a card using both the sketch and the colour challenge from Catch the Bug.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Catch the Bug - Stella Says Sketch 120
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/stella-says-sketch-challenge-120.html
Catch the Bug - Colour Challenge
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/saturday-color-challenge.html
De Creatieve Zebra - Anything Goes
http://decreatievezebra.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/challenge-31.html

This card is a bit of a change of style for me.  I usually have the card blank covered or almost covered in background paper(s).  For this one I decided to keep the background mainly white.  I have used the inspiration image as part of the card .  I just couldn't find anything I liked better for that piece of the card.  The image that I have used is a Bugaboo image called hat snail.  The banner ribbon is actually a piece of cardstock coloured with copic markers.  I have added a Thank You sentiment stamped with an acrylic stamp and lined the image and picture with peelcraft strips.

Although, this is a fairly simple design, I feel it is quite effective and is encouraging me to perhaps try different styles every now and then.




1 comment:

  1. Adorable!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with the Stella Says Sketch Challenge.
    We hope you'll join us again today at The Catch the Bug Blog with Bugaboo Stamps for the new Stella Says Sketch challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min

    ReplyDelete