Sunday 2 September 2012

Aged to Perfection

This is my Aged To Perfection card:


This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles - tribute to an older person
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/challenge-134-tribute-to-someone-older.html
Love to Create Challenge - make your own flowers
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/challenge-30-hand-made-flowers.html
De Creatieve Zebra - Anything Goes
http://decreatievezebra.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/challenge-26-alles-mag-anything-goes.html

This image from Bugaboo Stamps is called Stella Birthday - Aged to perfection.  It is such a fantastic image to work with.  I have coloured her with my copics.  I originally intended to colour her hair a warm grey but when looking for that copic I came across my violet ones and just had to use one of those!  The background paper is one from Fancy Pants Designs.  It comes from a Designer Paper Stack called Beach Babe!  I have used Spellbinders Oval Dies and Labels Dies for my image, sentiment and matts. 

The flowers are made from Angelina Fibre.  I had fused together some Angelina Fibres for another card a month or so ago and had some left over pieces that the colours weren't right at the time.  These matched the papers I had chosen so decided I would see if they would work for making some flowers!  The Angelina fibres have been die-cut using Mariannes Creatable dies and then shaped into flowers.  I am really pleased with how they turned out even though they were a bit fiddly to work with.  I am glad that I had made a few other flowers first and had a reasonable idea of construction!

To finish the card, I have added some pearls to the top right hand corner.  Lots of older ladies I know like their pearls.

4 comments:

  1. A great card and a fantastic image
    Thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for this challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a perfect card for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Tribute to Someone Older than Us” Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love me some Stella!! Very cute card and your flowers are beautiful!! Love the shimmer to them, Thank you for sharing with our handmade flower challenge at Love to Create!

    ReplyDelete