Thursday 18 October 2012

A sweet mermaid card

I liked the idea of the challenge at Pixie Dust Studios for this one:
http://pixieduststudiopixiechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/full-of-fantasy-with-pixie.html

When I first read the post, I thought that I would create a unicorn themed card as I haven't made one of those before.  I was certain that I had a unicorn image that I hadn't used.... but I couldn't find it.  So, I then decided I wouldn't do the challenge.  However, I came across this lovely image of Syrena from Sassy Studio Designs and my creativity started flowing again!




I have used a background paper from a Glitz paper pack that I have half used.  I then added some glitter cardstock and used some glitter and glue on Syrena.  I'm usually a cheat and will use kindy glitz but decided to pull out the "real glitter" today as it was a good colour match for my glitter cardstock.  I probably should do that more often as the colours are alot stronger with the real glitter and it's not much good just sitting on my shelf!  The only copics I used for colouring Syrena were E000 for the skin tones and YR00.

No comments:

Post a Comment