Thursday 15 November 2012

One for the Boys

A male themed christmas card is harder to do than I thought it would be! 


This one is for the challenge at Winter Wonderland.
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/its-winter-wonderland-one-for-boys.html

I found this a particularly hard challenge to do for some reason.  I could find a few images which had a male in them but colour scheme was a problem and embellishing with frillies and flowers and the like was hard too.  If I was making a card for my son, then I would base it around an owl or fox image, keep the card CAS and I'd be fine! 

For this card, I used a backing paper from Rosies Studio and picked up the dark green to use as the main colour.  The image is from Bugaboo and the sentiment from Mudmaven Designs.  I added a green grosgrain ribbon from American Crafts.  This one is from a mixed pack of 24 christmas ribbons.  The colouring has been done with copic markers and some highlighting with Glossy Accents and crystallina Kindy Glitz.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabulous image and beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete