Monday 19 November 2012

Sparkly Fancy Edges

This card just evolved as I had a few challenges lurking in the back of my mind!
So, after some influence from three challenges, this is what I created:



The challenges are:
Love to Create - Fancy Edges
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/challenge-41-fancy-edges.html
Sassy Studio Designs - No patterned paper
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-151.html
Sassy Studio Designs - make it sparkle
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/sassystudiodesigns/forum/topics/fabulous-freebie-friday-11-9-12-and-challenge

The image that I have used is called Immortal Love and comes from Sassy Studio Designs.  This was my starting point and the influence for using the glitter tape.  I die-cut the image using a die-cut which I think is from Marianne Designs.  This die-cut seems to work really well with the image and the border punch.

I cut the fancy edges for the Love to Create challenge using my Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Border punch.  I didn't think about covering the front with patterned paper first to make it more interesting.  Having already decided to use the Glitter Tape with the Immortal Love image, I came up with the idea of putting the two together to create an interesting and sparkly background.  As I needed to highlight the border from behind the stripes kind of evolved from there!

By now, I realised that I didn't have a patterned paper in sight so figured if I kept it that way, the card was also perfect for the Dare to Be Sassy Thursday challenge at Sassy Studio Designs.

I have also added some softly coloured rhinestones for a bit of bling.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love your papers and the lace edges! So happy you join us this week at DTBST!

    Jacki - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love how you used the tape to create your background! Thank you for joining our Sassy Challenge this week.
    Ruza, SSD DT

    ReplyDelete