Tuesday 8 January 2013

Just keep swimming

A very aquatic themed card this time:

The card is for the challenges at:
The Sweet Stop - Sketch
http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/sss192-january-5.html
Kenny K's Krafty Krew - Anything Goes with Kenny K
http://kennykskraftykrew.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/challenge-125-anything-goes.html
Incy Wincy - Something New
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/happy-new-year-and-something-new.html

The sketch just seemed to suit the image and theme of this card.  When I looked at the sketch I saw a wave and bubbles (rather than the flowers that were in the sketch!).  I have used die-cut glittery buttons as my bubbles.  The image is a new one from Kenny K.  I have used sparse colouring of the image preferring to use Glossy Accents to give the polar bear's coat a sheen to it.  The sentiment from The Alley Way Stamps was just perfect for this card.  The backing paper is from MME - double sided.  I have used two different papers - front of one and reverse of the other.  Matting is also in glitter cardstock with some rhinestones to finish off.

My something new in this card is just about everything but the sentiment.  The Glossy Accents I only opened today, the button die-cut from Memory Box I got in November but the rest was purchased late December with the image being the January freebie from Kenny K.

4 comments:

  1. Love the sketch, the bear, the glittery buttons, all of it. Wonderful work Suze!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suze - this is a fab card and I love the aquatic feel to it! Lovely image, beautiful colours and a great layout! Thanks for sharing your card at Incy Wincy Designs this week in our "Something New" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully encouraging card, Lisa! Love the texture on the Polar Bear, and before I read your description, the sparkly buttons almost appeared to be sand dollars to me! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R early cool image choice, it looks fab with the papers you've chosen. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop this week. Good Luck. X

    ReplyDelete