Saturday 26 October 2013

Bark at the Moon

I wanted a really strong moon in a dark sky.  Although, this looks simple in design - it's sheer simplicity was actually more of a challenge than I thought it would be.  How to embellish without over embellishing and taking away from the effect that I was trying to achieve.  I think I got what I wanted in the end though:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Musically Challenged - Bark at the Moon
http://musicallychallengedchallenge.blogspot.gr/2013/10/bark-at-moon-challenge-11.html
Glitter n Sparkle - Halloween
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/challenge-55.html
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/pinspirational-challenge-80.html

I have used a black card blank.  The image is from Floppy Latte and coloured with copic marker YR23.  I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut out the image.  The final addition is some black pearls in two of the corners.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Suze! Love the simple design and your gorgeous colouring. I'm so glad you joined us at Glitter n Sparkle this week for our Halloween challenge. Best wishes in the draw!

    KT Fit Kitty, DT Glitter n Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it!!! Great Work.

    Thanks for playing with us at {PIN}spirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh here's another card of yours. :) It's mysterious and elegant. Thank you once again for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges. I hope to see more of your lovely creation in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the calm and simplicity of this. Great take on the photo inspiration over at {PIN}spirational! So cute! Thanks for joining us over at {PIN}!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Thank you for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle Challenge! Cheryl - Glitter N Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've achieved your effect perfectly for a beautiful cas card. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Come back next week!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah nice!!!! Great job! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete