Saturday 5 October 2013

Sailing in the Moonlight

After missing the deadline for the last challenge, I'm scraping in at the last minute on this one at Digi Darla.  That's the trouble with being away from home.  I'm hoping to find somewhere tomorrow to print out some images to keep me going through this week!!!



I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Digi Darla's Challenge - Harvest Moon
http://digidarlas.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/dgi-darlas-82-anything-goes-optional.html
Seems A Little Sketchy - Sketch
http://seemsalittlesketchy.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/sketch-49-my-grafico.html

I have used a couple of papers from a paper pad by MME for the background.  The image is the sailing ship image from the previous image (that I didn't get finished in time!!).  I had printed it out but that was as far as I had got.  I decided to colour it in warm grey tones an pale blues - reflective of the colours that would be seen in the moonlight.   I also added a bit of moonlight to the water.  The moon is hand-drawn in copic marker and then covered with Stickles - yellow.  I have  added three blue buttons as embellishments.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice job on the coloring! It's subtle and not overpowering. Really like it. Fantastic job with our sketch this week!! I look forward to seeing more of your work, so please join us again!!

    Lauri
    SALS - DT

    ReplyDelete