Tuesday 26 November 2013

Bonsai

I used to have a boss who would regularly bring a bonsai tree in to work.  It would be a different one every week - not sure how many he had at home but it must have been a lot!  This tree brought back memories of him:

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Crafting For All Seasons - Stitching - Real or Faux
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/challenge-65-stitching-realfaux.html
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Stitching - Real or Faux
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/challenge-80-stitching-real-or-faux.html

I liked this paper from Kaisercraft the first time I saw it but have never felt it right for any card that I was working on.  For this card, I felt it was perfect!  I have also used some wide cream mesh ribbon and dotted some pearls in the flower centres.  The image is from Digi Stamps 4 Joy and colorued with copic markers.  I faux stitched using a Distress Marker - Pine Needles.  I also faux stitched on the green cardstock matting using a Distress Marker - Picket Fence.


2 comments:

  1. Do you know, this is one of my most fave ds4j images and you have used it wonderfully.
    Jackie ds4j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete