Saturday 28 June 2014

Wish I was there

Yes I do!  It has been cold and wet all day here - a day on a tropical island would be lovely!


I am entering my card into these challenges:
Robyn's Fetish Challenge - At the Beach
http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/challenge-217-at-beach-6222014.html
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration (see explanation below)
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/pinspirational-challenge-113.html


I tried to capture the idea of light surrounded by dark which is what the picture inspired in me.  However, I'm not totally pleased with the end result as it is not quite what I had "saw".  I think I might have needed to use a darker background.

I used a paper from Kaisercraft that I thought was more black than it actually is!  I wrapped a wide ribbon from Gift Wrap Boutique around the front.  The image that I used is from Fresh Brewed Designs - I used light coloured copic markers to mimic the lightness of the sky in the inspiration picture.  I double matted with cardstock from DCWV.  I also added three black pearls to the diagonal corners.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I was there also, freezing cold where I live today, great beach scene, thanks for joining us at Robyns Fetish Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I'd love to be there too! Great card!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete