Tuesday 28 April 2015

January Page

I have had this paper pad for about 12 months and wanted to create something with it but couldn't quite decide what.  I decided to create a "calendar" minus the dates - something that I can use each year and have a different picture to look at each month.  I have been known to do this with old calendars but then the dates on them can get confusing!



I would like to enter my project into these challenges:
The East Wind - Fibrelicious
http://www.theeastwind.com/
Open Minded Crafting Fun - Shabby Chic
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/challenge-35-shabby-chic.html

I have used white cardstock for the base which I then inked with Distress Ink - Vintage Photo.  The January page was double sided and I wanted to use the tag and postcard from the reverse so I cut them out and then covered the hole with the image and part of the postcard!  The image is from The East Wind and is coloured with copic markers E00, E53, E51, YR02 YR00, YR000 and BG000.  I also added some fibre across the card, some dots of Liquid Pearls, a chipboard tag that came from the same pack as the paper pad and some white flowers which I inked the edges of with Distress Ink - Vintage Photo.

I don't usually attempt Shabby Chic but this time I decided not to avoid it!  I'm pleased with the result although not really sure whether it has captured "Shabby Chic" or not!

1 comment:

  1. so pretty, love the delicate colours you have chosen... perfect! . Thankyou for joining is over at Open Minded Crafting for our Shabby chic challenge. Hope to see you again soon Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete